Advertising Sales Executive (Glossy Lifestyle Magazines)
Award winning National Media player with a selection of iconic household brands across publishing, digital, events and broadcast media requires an Advertising Sales Executives to work on a range of quality lifestyle media titles.
- One of the UK’s key media players, an award-winning household name with a growing portfolio
- They have instantly recognizable media brands covering a range of national and regional media products across Print, digital, events and broadcast media.
- Are responsible for some of the UK’s most iconic media brands.
- Provide customers from SMEs to PLCs with innovative print, web based and broadcast advertising solutions
- Their products increase their client’s sales, providing marketing and information through a powerful media based solution.
One of their teams currently require an Advertising Sales Executive to sell advertising and sponsorship opportunities on a range of quality glossy lifestyle titles and associated websites. Their product shines the spotlight on people, life and businesswith an informed mix of features, interviews, review and articles covering a range of subject areas. Customers include a range of high profile international, national and local luxury brand names.
This is a hybrid role offering a blend of home and office working. So you will need to be based within a travelling distance of their Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow office for the occasional visit.
You will be
- Working on lifestyle magazines
- Responsible for selling online and print advertising to a mix of new customers and existing key accounts across a number of sectors.
- Sectors will include Food & Drink, Arts & Culture, Leisure, Travel, Property, Retail & Fashion, Entertainment and Motors.
- Cold call telemarketing to generate new accounts.
- This is a structured sale where you will identify the business needs then create, design and present innovative advertising solutions tailored to the client to ensure results.
- You will be negotiating and presenting bespoke print and digital advertising solutions to key decision makers primarily over the phone.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with their existing and growing client base.
- Working to revenue targets and deadlines,
- Dealing with a range of customers from SME’s to corporate clients on a national basis.
- Working to targets and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate would have some experience of selling advertising from any sector (ie. newspaper, radio, directory, magazines, exhibitions etc) and looking to work in the lifestyle sector.
Alternatively, to be considered for the role you need to have
- Experience and a strong track record of selling in any outbound targeted telephone based environment.
- A solid understanding of the sales process and marketing
- Desire to work in the media, advertising and marketing sector.
- Be commercially aware, motivated and enthusiastic with an ethical approach to sales.
- A professional, creative approach with the ability to deal at all levels and a desire to pursue a career in the exciting world of media sales.
In return you will be given a rarely available and exciting opportunity to work for a major household media organisation on a quality lifestyle media titles. They are an organisation that values their staff and customers and provides the investment in retaining them.
- Basic £21K
- Uncapped bonus (realistic OTE £31K- 33K+)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- other benefits associated with a leading media group
Office hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Hybrid Flexible – a combination of home and office working from one of their local offices in Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow. With this is mind, the role could suit someone in any of the surrounding areas (Edinburgh, Fife, Perth) who would be willing to come into one of their offices maybe once a week/few times a month when needed but they have scope for candidates to be based from the office if you prefer.