Business Development Executive (Business Advertising and Media)
Our client is a Media operation who has a portfolio of media products that include magazines, supplements and digital media. Their founding team have a strong track record, pedigree and reputation. Their team includes some of Scotland’s best journalists, writers and award-winning design partners. As part of continuing business wins they are working to produce a range of business supplements for one of the UKs biggest household media brand names.
Based from home around Edinburgh or in their city centre office
You will be responsible for
- generating new business and managing key accounts within their high profile titles. researching and sourcing leads, warm and cold calling, negotiating and presenting bespoke advertising and sponsorship solutions to key decision makers over the phone and face to face.
- building, nurturing and developing existing relationships with key decision makers
- dealing with a wide range of organisations looking to communicate with policymakers and decision makers within the business sector in Scotland.
- dealing with corporate clients, charities, government agencies, NGO’s, and associations across Scotland and the UK.
- working to realistic targets and deadlines you will have the support and back up of strong case studies, metrics and marketing information, marketing support and sales leads.
This is an opportunity for a creative individual with quantifiable sales experience and a demonstrable track record in advertising sales working on business titles.
You will require
- experience of developing new business from any business related digital platform or print title.
- a strong understanding of the sales process from prospecting, business development through to account management.
- demonstrable evidence of developing business over the phone as well as are in person.
- commercial awareness, motivation and enthusiasm with an ethical approach to sales.
- tenacity to drive sales forward coupled with a genuine interest and understanding of business and policy in Scotland.
- PC literate, ambitious, articulate, proactive and quick thinking.
In return you will receive
- a fantastic opportunity to work in a friendly team orientated environment with an organisation where opportunities exist.
- ongoing training and a bonus system which is achievable with substantial rewards for success.
- Basic Salary to £30K (depending upon experience) + Uncapped Bonus (OTE £40K) + benefits associated with a growing organisation.