Business Development Manager (Energy Community Memberships)
Primarily home based and office working a at least one day per week in either Edinburgh or Aberdeen when required.
Business Development Manger required to drive and scale their brands distinctive and exclusive membership community in the energy sector
- Part of a pioneering and leading Media group who has experienced continued expansion through investment, innovation and acquisition.
- A pre-eminent news, market inteligence and insight service in the global energy sector.
- Their brand has built a reputation for first class events, news, insights, content, podcasting and other digital media formats.
- As part of their continued mission for growth they are now looking for a Business Development Manger to drive and scale their brands distinctive and exclusive membership community.
- Working with the Senior Memberships Manager to drive membership sales.
- Establish memberships amongst the C-suites of existing clients and source new business.
- Expand on existing memberships to add additional members and support the renewal rate.
- Building, nurturing and developing relationships.
- Self-sourcing leads and working from provided leads
- This is a structured sale where you will contact key decision makers over the phone and face to face.
- Work on a CRM to effectively manage pipeline.
- Working with subscriptions and community management teams to manage the accounts and ensure renewal and growth of subscriptions.
- Work with product development and marketing operations, to better serve and support members and in turn drive the business forward.
- Work with the wider team to uncover and develop opportunities for cross-selling.
- Travel to events and client/team meetings when required.
- Ideally you will have proven B2B sales success to senior executives of either membership services or energy/ renewables sector sales.
- An understanding of subscription sales process, technique and metrics.
- New business sales skills – prospecting, cold calling and opportunity development to close.
- Excellent presenting and concept selling skills, with the ability to craft a bespoke pitch to individual client needs.
- Demonstratable relationship-building and Account Management skills in particular of increasing product take-up and engagement within companies, ideally with a renewal element.
- An interest and knowledge of the Energy Sector and senior-level contacts.
- A natural networker with a consultative and customer-centred approach
- A team player who share ideas and is always happy to learn from others.
- Experience of working with a CRM system
- Flexible working around base location in Edinburgh or Aberdeen,
- Opportunity to work on a leading brand in global energy news and insights.
- Working in a rapid growth division and sector.
- Working in a friendly, ambitious and entrepreneurial team environment.
- They are an organisation that values their staff and customers and provides the investment in retaining them.
- A fun, creative and fast-paced working environment.
- Full induction, access to ongoing training from a dedicated training team.
- Genuine future career opportunities associated with a leading media company.
Competitive Basic salary + uncapped bonus (High OTE) + other benefits associated with a leading media group.