Business Development Manager (Oil, Gas & Renewables Media)
Business Development Manager required to work one of the key international media brands in the Oil, Gas and renewables sector.
- A major player UK Media player.
- A pioneering Media group who has experienced continued expansion through investment, innovation and acquisition.
- Award-winning household name with a growing portfolio of instantly recognizable media brands.
- Covering a range of national and regional media products across Print, digital, broadcast media, exhibitions and events.
- Responsible for some of the UK’s most iconic media brands.
- They provide customers from SMEs to PLCs with innovative advertising solutions that increase their client’s sales, providing marketing and information.
- As part of their continued growth they are now looking for a Business Development Manager to sell media and marketing solutions in the Oil, Gas and renewables sector.
- Working on a leading brand in global energy news and insight.
- Selling a unique integrated marketing service.
- Building effective campaigns across multiple media platforms.
- Solutions including advertising (display, banner), sponsorship, content services, bulletins, podcasts, social, video and events.
- Working on with an existing base of key client accounts, inbound leads as well as self-sourcing new customers.
- Working with clients in the UK and abroad.
- This is a structured sale where you will contact key decision makers over the phone and face to face.
- Identify the customer needs business needs then create, design and present innovative media solutions tailored to the client to ensure results.
- With existing clients you will be responsible for building, nurturing and developing account relationships with key decision makers.
- Working with PR agencies and the marketing departments of a wide range of Blue Chip organisations who are looking to communicate with senior level decision makers within the Oil, Gas & Energy sector globally.
- Working with marketing, editorial, events, content production and advertising operations teams to ensure campaign delivery and results.
- Maintain an understanding of their market and competitor media.
- Building your network through industry conferences and events in the UK and abroad.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage the sales process from beginning to close, converting enquiries into sales using our customer base and approaching new clients.
- Responding to web sales enquiries from new and existing customers, proactively generating new sales leads.
- Meeting sales goals and targets.
- Producing monthly sales reports, achieving sales targets.
- Monitor and report on the current market and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities.
- Ideally you will have experience of selling media or marketing services from any sector (ie. newspaper, digital, magazines, exhibitions etc) into the Energy sector or any other commercial business sector.
- An interest and knowledge of the Energy and Sustainable Sector.
- You will have a consultative approach to solution selling.
- You will have a strong understanding of the media and marketing departments.
- Creativity, drive, motivation, and passion to develop new business opportunities in a competitive market.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels.
- Ability to understand, present and articulate marketing performance data.
- You will be PC literate, creative, ambitious, articulate, proactive and quick thinking with the ability to develop long term relationships.
- You will be able to demonstrate past success and a desire to be the best at what you do.
- Opportunity to work on a leading brand in global energy news and insight.
- Working in a friendly, ambitious and entrepreneurial team environment.
- They are an organisation that values their staff and customers and provides the investment in retaining them.
- Full induction, access to ongoing training from a dedicated training team.
- Genuine future career opportunities associated with a leading media company.
Basic salary to £40K + uncapped bonus (OTE £50K+) + generous holiday entitlement + other benefits associated with a leading media group.
Flexible working – primarily home based and office working in London when required.