Exhibitions & Events Sales Executive
Expanding Events business is looking for a Exhibitions & Events Sales Executive to sell across a portfolio of outstanding award programmes, exhibitions, trade shows and conferences.
Our media client creates and operates a unique portfolio of growing award programmes, trade shows, exhibitions and conferences. They have built an outstanding reputation for the creation, delivery and management of high quality, creative events.
During the pandemic they have pioneered digital events and have been recognised as genuine innovators of these events in the event trade press.
Due to expansion and the creation of a new Trade show and conference in the drinks sector they are looking to recruit an Exhibition and Event Sales Executive in Edinburgh.
Based from in or around Edinburgh your role will involve
- Growing sales across all their events portfolio
- Selling event tickets, delegate places, corporate hospitality packages, sponsorship and exhibition stand
- Selling to a range of new and existing customer accounts including Advertising Agencies and clients direct.
- Liaising and negotiating with senior key decision makers within a range of customer sectors both over the phone and face to face.
- Maintaining and understanding your sector, market conditions and competitor products.
- Working on warm leads from an existing Salesforce database
- Sourcing new leads and potential customers, developing leads by cold call telemarketing, then taking a consultative approach to the sales process and presenting their product offering.
- Creating and selling bespoke opportunities to customers and developing commercial partnerships.
- Ensuring your, managing advertising campaigns and guaranteeing the best results for customers and client satisfaction.
- Working with marketing and operations to ensure activity is implemented efficiently, the smooth running of all investments for clients, guaranteeing the best results for customers and client satisfaction.
- Working to targets and deadlines will have the support and back up of strong case studies, metrics and marketing information through a powerful media based solution.
- Attendance at events will be expected where you will be given the opportunity to meet customers.
To apply for this role you will require
- Experience of selling any advertising media, sponsorship, exhibition or conference opportunities from any sector (i.e. newspaper, events, conference, radio, magazines etc) with a genuine interest in the events sector.
- A proven track record of new business development and managing Key Accounts
- You will have a strong understanding of the media and marketing departments.
- Naturally enthusiasm with creativity, drive and motivation to develop new business in a competitive market.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail in written and numeric communication.
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with SME and corporate level accounts.
- You will be PC literate (experience of salesforce would be an advantage)
The Package and Opportunity
- A rarely available and exciting opportunity to to join a dynamic and entrepreneurial team on an expanding range of events and exhibitions in a friendly team orientated environment.
- They are an organisation that values their staff and customers and provides the investment in retaining them.
- They have a very stable team with a tradition of long tenures.
Basic salary to £25K with a realistic and achievable OTE of £40K + good holiday entitlement + Pension + other benefits associated with a leading media group