Trainee Advertising Sales Executive
- Is an award winning Scottish publisher.
- Provides a wide range of business customers with a number of cutting edge market leading specialist advertising and sponsorship platforms across newspapers, magazines, digital, exhibitions, awards and conferences.
- Products include market leading business to business and consumer lifestyle media.
- Currently requires an Trainee Advertising Sales Executive to work one of their dedicated market leading magazines and associated website.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an award winning business who are a key player in their sector.
- Contacting existing customers over the phone from an existing database of clients.
- Sourcing leads and generating new business over the telephone via cold call telemarketing calls.
- Identifying key contacts within companies and gathering data from a number of sources.
- This is a structured sale where you will identify the business needs then create, design and present innovative advertising solutions tailored to the client to ensure results
- Negotiating and presenting bespoke print and digital advertising solutions to key decision makers.
- Occasionally presenting and negotiating with customers face to face.
- Working to revenue targets and deadlines.
- Dealing with a range of customers from SMEs to corporate clients on a national basis.
- Keeping internal CRM System up to date
- Liaising and working closely with the Media Sales team
- Ideally you will be degree qualified (any discipline) – Not a prerequisite
- Will require sales experience from any business to business sales based environment.
- Experience of selling products such as office furniture, office supplies, franking machines, IT equipment, IT products, training, telecoms, financial products, digital print services or a background in recruitment consultancy.
- Looking to pursue a career in the lucrative world of advertising sales.
- Commercially aware, motivated and naturally enthusiastic.
- Tenacity and ambition and be able to demonstrate that you have a competitive edge.
- Creative, articulate, proactive and quick thinking with the ability to develop relationships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate at all levels.
- You will be given the rarely available opportunity to work for a market leading media organisation.
- Opportunity to join a company that value their staff and customers, and provide the investment in retaining them.
- Full training, development back-up and development opportunities associated with a highly professional media organisation.
- Basic to £23K (depending upon experience) + uncapped bonus (On target bonus £6K) + benefits