Trainee Media Sales Executive (Arts & Entertainment Magazine)
- Scotland’s largest entertainment, culture and listings magazine.
- An established high quality monthly, special publications and associated website aimed at a culturally engaged and entertainment savvy audience of readers.
- Is distributed throughout Scotland through a network of over 650 distribution partners that includes retailers, hotels, restaurants, bars, retailers, clubs, etc.
- Provides their readers with an informed mix of editorial features, interviews, reviews, articles and competitions
- Covers a range of subject areas including music, clubs, film, theatre, art, comedy, deviance, food and drink. Customers include a range of high profile international, national and local brand names.
- They are at an exciting stage of development and currently require an Advertising Sales Executive to grow their team and client base.
Based in their Edinburgh office with some remote home working you will be
- Consultatively selling sponsorship, promotions, editorial, events, online content and print media solutions
- Selling to a range of new and existing customers.
- Liaising and negotiating with key decision makers both over the phone and face to face.
- Using an existing data base, sourcing new potential customers and developing leads.
- Establishing client needs, listening to briefs, establishing campaign criteria
- Putting together innovative and creative bespoke campaigns that meet client objectives while maximizing client expenditure.
- Researching opportunities, generating new ideas for new business
- Developing and creating a range of unique bespoke online and print Advertising, Sponsorship & Promotional initiatives on behalf of clients.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers ensuring that the relationship is nurtured and grown.
- Development of these commercial partnerships.
- Ensuring your activity is implemented efficiently,
- Managing advertising campaigns and guaranteeing the best results for customers and client satisfaction.
- Working to targets and deadlines.
- Maintaining and understanding your sector,
- Keeping up to date with cultural events and openings.
- Source business information, from competitor products, as well as attending a range of social events where you will network and represent the brand.
Ideally you will require
- Any type of sales or customer service experience..
- Knowledge of and an interest in culture and entertainment landscape.
- Ability to work closely with customers consultatively selling the benefits of their quality lifestyle brand.
Alternatively you will
- Have the desire to work in a sales orientated environment
- Be commercially aware, motivated, enthusiastic and have the tenacity to drive sales forward coupled with a real desire to work in the media sector.
- Have the ability to develop long term relationships with a range of existing accounts.
- Fantastic opportunity to work on Scotland’s largest entertainment magazine at an exciting stage of their development.
- Opportunity to working in a friendly team orientated environment on a recognised quality title with an already established range of clients.
- Basic to £21,673.60 + uncapped bonus (c. £5-6k bonus) + benefits